Centre for Sports and Shoulder
and Elbow Surgery
The Centre provides consultations at clinics located in Mount Elizabeth Novena Specialist Centre, Parkway East Medical Centre and Farrer Park Medical Centre. The Centre aims to provide easy access to quality and comprehensive care for athletes at all levels, and for any patient, who wants to return to his previous level of activity.
We provide multi-disciplinary care for both the physical and emotional welfare of our patients, through a quality team of health care professionals – surgeons, sports physicians, physiotherapists, orthotists and podiatrists.
Rehabilitation is an integral and vital part of our comprehensive approach to quality care for the injured. As such, we work closely with the physiotherapists to ensure that our patients return rapidly to their former level of activity.
We provide prompt and comprehensive consultations and surgical care for a variety of sports injuries and joint problems. Some of these conditions include:
- Knee meniscus, ligament and cartilage injuries
- Kneecap (patella) instability and pain
- Tendinitis and muscle injuries around the knee and lower limb
- Shoulder instability and dislocations
- Rotator cuff tendon tears of the shoulder
- Shoulder biceps conditions
- Elbow instability and dislocations
- Elbow stiffness and contractures
- Tendinitis around the elbow – Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow
- Hip labral tears and femoro-acetabular impingement
- Tendon and muscle issues around the hip
- Ankle sport injuries including sprains, instability and tendinitis
- Arthritis/Degenerative conditions of the knee, shoulder, hip and elbow
- Fractures of the knee, shoulder, hip and elbow
We utilize the approved techniques in the treatment of these common conditions and complex conditions. We perform most of these surgeries through key-hole or arthroscopic techniques to minimize pain and downtime from sport, for the athlete or patient.
Dr. Yegappan is an experienced sports surgeon with many years of experience in treating sportsmen.
He performs cartilage reconstructions, ligament reconstruction and meniscal
repairs in the knee.
Shoulder arthroscopic procedures are routinely done in our centre for shoulder instability, labral tears and rotator cuff tears.
This web site is designed to provide information for patients, athletes, sportsmen, their families and other physicians about our craft, in diagnosis and treatment of sports injuries, general orthopaedic injuries and arthritis. You will find information on normal joints, sports medicine, sports injuries, arthritis, total joint replacement, osteoporosis, and commonly asked questions on general orthopaedics.
We hope that your will take your time to browse through the pages to enlighten yourself as well as to prepare yourself for your forthcoming surgery.
Please do not hesitate to email us any question(s), you might have, regarding your orthopaedic condition. We promise to reply to your questions as soon as possible.
Dr. Yegappan: firstname.lastname@example.org